Natural Products Dried Pelargonium Sidoides (African Geranium) 75g
Dried pelargonium sidoides [African Geranium] has been used for hundreds of years by the Zulu, Basuto, Xhosa and Mfengi cultures as a curative for coughs, upper respiratory tract irritations and gastrointestinal concerns. The traditional use of pelargonium sidoides for coughs and chest troubles may be explained by the presence of essential oils. It has not yet been established which ingredients contribute to its antibacterial properties.
Respiratory infections like bronchitis, sinusitis, and pneumonia, tonsillitis and rhinopharyngitis
• It is often used as an alternative to antibiotics
• Acute and chronic ear, nose and throat infections
• Rapid improvement in the symptoms associated with colds and flu
• Analgesic (absence of pain) effect
While most other cough, cold and sinus medications simply mask outward symptoms, the mechanisms and actions of Pelargonium sidoides actually support faster recovery. Clinical trials show that Pelargonium sidoides shortens the duration and reduces the severity of upper respiratory irritations. If drinking tea it can be made 3 times daily with one teaspoon of herb.
- o not use during pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Those with auto-immune conditions such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or other conditions should not use Pelargonium
AKA: Umckaloabo and South African geranium