Natural Products Dried Wild Yam (Dioscorea villosa) 100g
Dried Wild Yam (Dioscorea villosa) has antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory actions, making it useful in treating symptoms of rheumatism and arthritis. These same qualities make it useful in treating cramps and muscular pain.
- Antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory actions make it useful in treating symptoms of rheumatism & arthritis
- Also useful in treating cramps and muscular pain.
- Has also been used to treat digestive disorders including gallbladder inflammation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and diverticulitis
- Wild yam has also been shown to benefit the spleen, kidneys, lungs, and stomach.
- Hormone-sensitive condition such as breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis, or uterine fibroids: Wild yam might act like estrogen
- If you have any condition that might be made worse by exposure to estrogen, don’t use wild yam
- Wild yam is generally safe but some people have experienced nausea when taking large doses
- Its safety has not been tested in pregnant or lactating females or in young children. Wild yam contains dioscorin, which can be toxic in large amounts, it is important to stay within the recommended doses
- Wild yam has been shown to interact with estradiol, a hormone used in some birth control medications and other hormone therapies
AKA: Colic Root, China Root, Devil’s Bones, Rheumatism Root, Yuma