Sfera Bio Nutrition L-Glutamine Powder 130g
L-Glutamine is an amino acid produced in your body. It is in fact the most common amino acid in your muscles, making up 61% of your skeletal tissue. It is also one of the 20 amino acids encoded by the standard genetic code. It isn’t considered one the “essential” amino acids, but it can become situationally essential in times of intense athletic training or gastrointestinal disease.
Ingredients and benefits:
One level teaspoon provides:
L-Glutamine 3500 mg
- Improves gastrointestinal health because it is a vital nutrient for the intestines to rebuild and repair.
- Helps heal ulcers and leaky gut by acting as a Band Aid for protection from further damage.
- Is an essential neurotransmitter in the brain and helps with memory, focus and concentration.
- Improves IBS and Diarrhoea by balancing mucus production, which results in healthy bowel movements.
- Promotes muscle growth and decreases muscle wasting.
- Improves metabolism and cellular detoxification
- Curbs craving for sugar and alcohol
- Fights cancer
- Improves diabetes and blood sugar control
- Helps to replenish Glutathione levels in the body
- Decreases tissue damage due to radiation treatment for cancer.
Interactions with Drugs
Theoretically, Glutamine, which is metabolized to the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate, might antagonize the anticonvulsant effects of medications taken for epilepsy and should be taken with caution.
There has been concern that Glutamine might alter the pharmacokinetics of chemotherapeutic drugs or reduce effectiveness by enhancing tumour growth. However, available clinical data suggests that Glutamine does not adversely affect outcomes when used concurrently with chemotherapy.
There are no known interactions for herbs, supplements or foods.
Interactions with Diseases
Advise patients with Cirrhosis or Hepatic encephalopathy to avoid taking Glutamine supplements. Due to it being metabolised into Ammonia which might worsen their condition.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. All medical conditions must be diagnosed and treated by a qualified health professional. No medical claims are made.