Coyne Healthcare Bio-Milk Thistle
- EU certified organic milk thistle extract standardised to contain 80 % silymarin
- Proprietary formulation with increased bioavailability providing 10 times more silybin
- than some other formulations!
- Only ONE capsule per day is required
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Eco-friendly packaging that is fully recyclable
- GMP compliant
- Tested for purity and free from:
Genetically modified organisms (GMO)
BIO-MILK THISTLE is a western herbal medicine that is used to support liver function in adults 18 years and older. It may help to relieve digestive disturbances or indigestion, including discomfort following overindulgence.
THE BIG DEFENDER
The active components in milk thistle extracts are a group of chemical compounds collectively known as silymarin. Silymarin is an antioxidant that protects cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are toxic by-products of oxygen metabolism that can cause significant damage to living tissues when produced in quantities that exceed the body’s neutralising mechanisms. Stress, medicines, injury, alcohol consumption, and infections can all lead to increased free radical generation.
Silymarin helps to protect cell membranes from damage induced by free radicals. It stabilises liver cell membranes and prevents binding and penetration of toxins, e.g. ethanol, paracetamol, Amanita phalloides from poisonous mushrooms, and others.
Silymarin also helps the liver to generate new cells and proteins to recover from injury.
Silymarin also has anti-inflammatory properties and may prevent scar tissue formation.
In summary, silymarin:
1. Is a free radical scavenger that protects cell membranes from damage caused by toxins and oxidative stress
2. Helps the liver to recovery from injury
3. Has anti-inflammatory properties
4. Protects against scar tissue formation
Each capsule contains Bio-Milk Thistle 360mg [European organic milk thistle (Silybum marianum L.) extract 200mg (80% silymarin) PHOSPHOcomplex™ 160mg (phosphatidylcholine 104mg, silybin 56mg)] Other ingredients: Soya lecithin (certified GMO free), vegetable stearate. Contains no known allergens, no sugar or gluten, no artificial flavours or preservatives.
Patients with milk thistle, daisy, marigold, or ragweed allergy should not use Bio-Milk Thistle Do not use if pregnant Diabetic patients will require monitoring of blood sugar levels due to its potential blood sugar-lowering effect Women with hormone-sensitive conditions will require monitoring due to potential oestrogenic effects Those taking other medicines should ask their doctor, pharmacist, or healthcare provider about possible drug interaction
Recommended use: Adults 18 years and older: Take 1 capsule per day with food or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed the recommended dose.